For the complete vacancy announcement: http://www.library.gsu.edu/files/research/70/Vacancy%20Announ-Bus%20Lib-final.pdf
Position and Responsibilities:
The University Library seeks a committed and energetic librarian to serve the teaching and research needs of students and faculty associated with the J. Mack Robinson College of Business.
This position is one of a three-librarian team responsible for support for the Robinson College of Business. Each librarian is responsible for 4-6 departments with assignments based on skills, background and experience. The successful candidate will deliver quality, in-depth reference and consultation services in the designated subject areas; develop library collections in the assigned areas; promote the library and information literacy; foster communication between the assigned department and the library. Subject librarians assist with the general reference service that includes desk and virtual reference hours and are responsible for occasional weekend and evening hours. Subject librarians serve on library committees and engage in scholarly activities.
• ALA-accredited Master’s degree in Library Science.
• Demonstrated ability and experience using business-related resources.
• Proficiency in the use of relevant technology for instruction and outreach purposes.
• Knowledge of collection development issues and trends.
• Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Must be able to pass a background check.
• Undergraduate or graduate degree in business or economics.
• Experience providing research services within an academic library, particularly reference and instruction in business or a related subject area.
• Experience with collection development in business or related subject areas, including selection of materials and management of collection budget.
• Demonstrated interest in scholarly and professional activities.
Condition of Work and Benefits
Forty-hour workweek Retirement plans include: Teachers Retirement System,
Twenty-one days vacation TIAA–CREF, VALIC, Fidelity & American Century
Twelve paid holidays Group health and life insurance
Twelve days sick leave Social Security
Faculty rank and status Optional pre-tax benefits
Non-Tenure track Support for research and professional activities
Salary and Rank
Minimum salary of $44,000 for 12 months commensurate with the candidate’s education and experience. Appointment at a faculty rank, on a contract renewal basis.
Submit a cover letter addressing the above qualifications; resume; name, address and phone number of three references, including immediate supervisor. Review of materials will begin February 8, 2010 and continue until the position is filled. Send materials to:
Human Resources Coordinator
Georgia State University
100 Decatur Street, SE, Atlanta, GA 30303-3202
Georgia State University is an equal opportunity educational institution/affirmative action employer strongly committed to cultural diversity.