· Assure that Resource Center has appropriate materials that are organized, cataloged and circulated in an effective manner;
· Provide research services to Ipas staff in the US and globally, including references, literature searches and document retrieval;
· Educate staff to use Resource Center independently and provide appropriate communication tools;
· Training and mentoring of graduate student assistants;
· Provide information to colleagues and students as appropriate to position Ipas as a key resource in reproductive health ;
· Manage multiple projects ranging from managing of current awareness services to maintaining print and online journal collection; planning ongoing trainings for staff; and overseeing Resource Center catalog database.
· Master of Library Science (MLS) required;
· 4 + years relevant experience;
· Demonstrated technical skills in areas of responsibility;
· Excellent communications and writing skills;
· Knowledge of reproductive health and/or medical literature preferred;
· International experience or demonstrated cross cultural/language skills;
· Ability to represent Ipas externally, including membership in the Association of Population Library Information Centers (APLIC-I);
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
· Demonstrated computer experience.
To apply please visit our career center at www.jobs-ipas.icims.com and submit a cover letter and resume. We do not accept phone calls. EOE