Iconitel has an immediately opening for a Senior Consultant: Syndicated Content.
This position provides leadership for the process of investigating, negotiating and licensing electronic resources in a team environment where the life cycle of electronic resources is managed.
Responsibilities include analyzing and comparing vendor products and offers, establishing and maintaining effective vendor relations, negotiating and documenting license terms, enhancing selections or awareness of access alternatives and issues, documenting status of electronic subscriptions, and collaborating in the management of the Electronic Resource Management System (AREUS).
· Effectively negotiates and monitors digital resource license agreements, including cost/access arrangements and renewals.
· Maintains documentation on licenses and related agreements.
· Coordinates order arrangements and communication as part of the licensing and acquisition process; communicates effectively with those who manage related and subsequent steps of the acquisition and access work.
· Actively communicates licensing and acquisition best practices to assigned companies to improve their understanding of selection issues related to digital resources.
· Works with technology specialists in preparing analytic management reports in support of collection development needs.
· Communicates at all levels of management within the Customer or Vendor organization
• Accredited MLS or equivalent relevant degree
• Two years professional experience with online resources and services. The candidate should possess extensive knowledge and understanding of issues and practices related to research use, management, and preservation. Excellent understanding of underlying technical aspects of electronic resources design, access and use, including user interfaces, browser technologies, authentication technologies, and link resolvers.
• Basic understanding of publisher's licensing and business models.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
• Capacity to respond effectively to changing needs and priorities.
• Demonstrated commitment to providing excellent and innovative services in an Corporate setting or research library.
• Knowledge of copyright policies and intellectual property issues
• Demonstrated experience in licensing of electronic resources including reviewing, negotiating, analyzing, or drafting digital resource license agreements.
• Knowledge of copyright and fair use issues raised in licensing of all research data, media resources, including video, audio, images.
• Law degree or legal background/experience desired
SALARY: $45k - $55k depending on experience and qualifications
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume via email to email@example.com. You can learn more about iconitel by visiting us at www.iconitel.com.