Syngenta is a world-leading agribusiness committed to sustainable agriculture through innovative research and technology. The company is a leader in crop protection, and ranks third in the high-value commercial seeds market. Syngenta employs some 19,000 people in over 90 countries. Delivering innovation is the focus of scientists at Syngenta's centre of excellence for Biotechnology R&D (SBI), employs some 300 people, in beautiful Research Triangle Park, NC.
Corporate Records Manager:
The purpose of this role is to ensure that the records created by R&D staff at SBI are managed efficiently and effectively, in order to best support the needs of the business for knowledge / information sharing and intellectual property protection. In addition, as part of the global R&D IS initiative to manage Syngenta’s information assets across sites, the job holder will be required to engage Records Managers from global R&D sites to develop, implement and monitor a consistent set of policies and processes related to these records.
- Supervise the creation, operation and maintenance of records databases at SBI.
- Apply strategic oversight and direction to the major business functions in applying retention requirements to all record types at SBI.
- Manage the review and improvements to the company's retention schedules for maintaining documents in all environments.
- Assist all company departments located at SBI in applying retention schedules, document management principles and information security principles.
- Promote records management and information security within the company to all employees. Provide training and education on records management and information security elements and related compliance requirements to all employees.
- Locally support document collection and retention efforts in connection with litigation and regulatory purposes.
- Audit compliance with the company's retention and information security policies.
- Ensure all company records required for regulatory purposes and litigation are complete, well indexed, secured and available to authorized persons as necessary.
- Support document collection for the non-GLP archives and off-site record center. Coordinate the transfer and retrieval of records from on or off-site storage.
- Manage archive areas, file room, in-active records sites for proper maintenance of company records.
- Assist with document migration projects, training and support for the R&D document management system.
- Manage local projects assisting repository managers and knowledge managers in requirements collection and business needs analysis.
Knowledge, Skills, & Experience
Masters in Library or Information Science (or equivalent experience) and 3-5 years in archives and records management. CRM and/or CA certification, awareness of Intellectual Property and the importance of documents to support this process, as well as a background (Qualification or experience) in a Life Sciences organization are highly desirable. Other critical experiences include a broad working-knowledge of archival and records management theory and methodology, as well as Project Management skills / experience.
• Ability to develop, implement and monitor compliance with policies• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong PC / IT skills• Influencing and change management (to gain commitment for following policies and best practice)
• All applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S.
• Ability to lift 40 Lbs.• Travel requirements - Two trips to Europe per year.
To Apply; submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
To learn more about Syngenta and view many exciting opportunities, go to www.syngenta.com